Bird Nest Wildlife Forum
April 22, 2024, 10:09:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Boat trips to boost tourism upcountry

+-

Advanced Search
Equipment Riview

Forum updates
Cheap Revelation Online coins on wow4s.com, safe and fast. by minon1
May 15, 2017, 08:25:22 am

welcome & General Discution by Guest
May 15, 2017, 08:25:03 am

How to stream Thursday's NCAA Tournament action online by minon
May 15, 2017, 08:23:57 am

welcome & General Discution by Guest
May 15, 2017, 08:23:14 am

Re: The Hakgala Gardens by wildy1079
July 21, 2015, 12:26:44 pm

Why Not Join !!!

Nature Blog Network 

free counters

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Gallary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat trips to boost tourism upcountry  (Read 375 times)
olsonraymond

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:48:16 pm »

Hi! Staggering news I discovered site which run professional xrumer service! They provide thousands of real verified backlinks! Unlike other service providers they gave me report with direct links to my posts with 100% ratio! every single post looked exactly like this one! I got significant increase in SERPS and got 1500 visitors same day when blast started! Very kick ass xrumer service I have to say! If you want to order visit this website - xrumer service he answers all emails super quick!
Report Spam   Logged
indunil
Bird Nest Wildlife Group
Administrator

:

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Search Third year Anniversary
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:11:16 am »

Tourism will be given a boost upcountry with boat trips in the reservoirs.

Several reservoirs upcountry have been earmarked to popularise tourism following the introduction of a boat service for tourists for sight-seeing in areas that were not accessible before, due to security reasons.

Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management Nimal Siripala de Silva who assumed duties at his new ministry recently had mooted the project.

The Minister had instructed the Mahaweli Authority to launch a boat service in the reservoirs of Victoria, Kotmale, Randenigala and Maduru-Oya for the benefit of local and foreign tourists at a nominal fee.

The Minister told officials to exploit the possibility of organising a luxury bus service from star-class hotels in Kandy, Dambulla and Polonnaruwa areas to enable tourists to visit Randenigala, Victoria and the Maduru-Oya reservoirs.

Tourists using the boat service will have a unique opportunity to view the Randenigala reservoir and its adjacent areas inhabited by wildlife.

The other wildlife sanctuaries and reservoirs in proximity to Randenigala are Victoria and Maduru-Oya.

Tourists will also have an opportunity to visit the golf courses at Victoria and other historic sites such as Kotmale where King Dutugemunu sought refuge in a home that belonged to a village chieftain.

To popularise tourism upcountry SriLankan Airlines a few years ago flew tourists in small sea planes that were permitted to land on the Victoria reservoir.However, it was abandoned due to security reasons
Read more
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Facebook Comments